2023/2024 Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program (Sydney)
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in Investment Banking. We are one of the top firms in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), underwriting of equity transactions, corporate debt issuance, and high-yield debt financing. With professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognized for our performance in traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping clients around the world to make decisions about their business strategy and financial structure.
Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by taking on responsibilities of a Full-Time Analyst for 10-12 weeks, working on a variety of corporate transactions and making meaningful contributions to the delivery of projects.
Summer Analysts have the opportunity to be involved in an immersive orientation program and learn about our culture as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of the Firm. In addition, Summer Analysts participate in an intensive division-specific training program focused on developing a strong foundation in the basic skills of financial analysis, accounting and valuation, and work on a wide range of transactions.
Summer Analysts receive continued on-the-job training throughout the program and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects during their internship. Summer Analysts have many opportunities to exchange ideas and network with peers, mentors and senior managers through team-building sessions and other organized events.
Role and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of Summer Analysts vary but may include:
- Analyzing detailed corporate and financial information
- Creating statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance
- Building models to illustrate projected financial results and value to companies
- Developing marketing memoranda and delivering sections of research presentation
- Participating in the execution of financings and M&A transactions
- Acting as the liaison for the team and other parts of the Firm
Qualifications/ Skills/ Requirements
- You are a university student in your penultimate year of study with outstanding academics.
- You are a team player with a strong work ethic who thrives with confidence when faced with intellectual challenges.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to grasp complex data, manage multiple projects, provide complicated financial analysis and develop appropriate corporate finance solutions.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to form effective working relationships through collaboration, strive for excellence and exhibit the highest ethical standards.
- Fluency in English is required.
Applications close at 12pm AEST on Tuesday, 1 August 2023
Please visit morganstanley.com/careers
This Program is closed to applications.