2023/2024 Global Capital Markets Summer Analyst Program (Sydney)
When clients need capital, Global Capital Markets (GCM) responds with market judgments and ingenuity. Whether executing an IPO, a debt offering or a leveraged buyout, GCM integrates Morgan Stanley’s expertise in Sales and Trading and Investment Banking, offering clients seamless advice and sophisticated solutions. GCM originates, structures and executes public and private placement of equities, investment-grade and noninvestment-grade debt and related products. The group provides fresh ideas and broad distribution to help clients get the most out of each stage of a transaction, and continually develops capital markets solutions to enable clients to mitigate strategic, operational, credit and market risks.
The Summer Analyst Program is a program for 10-12 weeks during which you will be placed in one of our main departments: Equity Capital Markets or Fixed Income Capital Markets. The roles and responsibilities vary by group. Summer Analysts are exposed to the deal process—including business development, origination, structuring and execution—and will gain an understanding of how the different areas of the bank including Corporate Finance, S&T, Research and Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), interact.
This internship program includes a Firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses and division specific training. Your training will continue throughout the summer with structured learning sessions run by senior executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and senior colleagues through a series of networking, social, charity and mentoring events.
Role and Responsibilities
- You will spend the summer in Equity Capital Markets or Fixed Income Capital Markets, building a foundation of financial skills and a solid understanding of the markets.
- You will have a mentor and buddy to aid in your development and to provide greater exposure to GCM and the Firm.
- You will be encouraged to take on responsibility quickly and help bridge various topics from new trends in the marketplace to group overviews.
- You will participate in a mid-summer and end-of-summer evaluation to ensure that you are honing your skills and receiving timely feedback on your performance.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Requirements
- You are a university student in your penultimate year of study with an outstanding academic record and a strong interest in financial markets.
- You are well rounded and possess exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as the drive to push through challenges to achieve results in a collaborative fashion.
- You have an ability to manage multiple projects, provide complicated financial analysis, and develop appropriate corporate finance solutions.
- You have an extraordinarily high level of motivation and attention to detail, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is required.
Applications close at 12pm AEST on Tuesday, 1 August 2023
Please visit morganstanley.com/careers
This Program is closed to applications.