2024 Investment Management Off-cycle Internship - Global Sales - Sales Support (Madrid)
PLACEMENT AND DURATION
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has about $1.4 trillion in assets under management or supervision. With 1,248 investment professionals worldwide, and 54 offices in 25 countries, Morgan Stanley Investment Management is able to provide in-depth local knowledge and expertise while channelling the strength of our global presence and resources. To support the delivery of tailored, value-added investment solutions to clients our investment teams are organized by capability: Solutions & Multi-Asset, Real Assets, Active Fundamental Equity, Private Credit & Equity, Global Fixed Income, and Global Liquidity. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
MSIM Sales teams are responsible for raising capital for investment teams. Sales teams introduce prospective clients to MSIM and present investment capabilities that meet requirements specified by the client. To do this, they must understand client needs, markets and competitors, maintain strong relationships and co-ordinate communication and activities between multiple parts of the organisation. Sales teams are the key points of contact with prospective and existing clients and are the key relationship owners throughout the client lifecycle.
Sales provide coverage across the institutional and intermediary channels and are organized geographically: North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, Asia (ex Japan/China), Japan and China.
The Off-Cycle Internship is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Investment Management Division by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst for a short period. This internship will offer you an exciting and a dynamic work environment where you get to work alongside our diverse group of experienced professionals. The work that you do will be interesting and varied.
The internship will commence in the Jan 2024 and lasts twelve months.
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects.
- Work closely with the sales team to prepare business plans, sales channel reporting and analyze financial Profit & Loss (P&L) statements for the business;
- Maintain detailed knowledge of each client’s portfolio accounts and prepare thoughtful investment analysis in determining opportunities for selling investment products;
- Collaborate with investment teams to understand and best position solutions and capabilities; and work with the marketing team on the creation of industry-leading publications and strategy-focused collateral that resonate with clients.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
- You will have to be graduated by Jan 2024 and be able to commit for a full-time internship role for twelve months
- You have outstanding analytical and quantitative skills.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have an excellent academic background and fluency in English as well as in the language of the country you are applying for.
- You are a strong team player; ability to collaborate with colleagues across MSIM and the broader organization.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- You are driven, highly motivated and results-focused.
- You have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- You are detail oriented and have the ability to work efficiently within tight time constraints.
This Program is closed to applications.