2022 Risk Management - Risk Analytics Spring/Fall Analyst Program (Mumbai)
About Morgan Stanley
Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has consistently delivered first-class business in a first-class way. Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries. Everything we do at Morgan Stanley is guided by our five core values: Do the Right Thing, Put Clients First, Lead with Exceptional Ideas, Commit to Diversity and Inclusion, and Give Back.
What We Offer
Morgan Stanley offers a dynamic and multifaceted environment which requires individuals to work closely with colleagues across various functions and the Business Unit in onshore regions. You will get to work with extremely talented peers in a meritocratic team-oriented culture.
About Risk Analytics Team
Morgan Stanley’s Risk Analytics department that resides within Firm Risk Management (FRM) performs quantitative analysis on the Firm’s credit, market, operational, and liquidity risk exposures. The department’s primary objective is to measure and project risks across the Firm to support executive decisions and protect the Firm. Risk Analytics has main presence in New York and London and attracts talent in Budapest and Mumbai.
Risk Analytics team in Mumbai is part of the Market Risk Analytics and Scenario Analytics teams of the firm. The Market Risk Analytics team is a methodology team responsible for development, enhancement, and periodic updates of risk models for the firm’s portfolios for Market Risk department. The Scenario Analytics team is a methodology team responsible for scenario design, macroeconomic forecasting, and market shock generation for business as usual (BAU) and regulatory stress testing exercises (e.g. CCAR and DFAST) conducted by the whole firm.
Risk Analytics Internship
Summer Analysts are integrated into teams in Risk Management and are expected to take on responsibilities of full-time analysts. Placement will be determined by aligning your skillset and interests with our business needs. We are committed to provide opportunities to develop key competencies necessary for a successful career within Risk Management. Managers are committed to provide meaningful and challenging projects that can be implemented and incorporated into our day-to-day activities. Risk Management professionals are focused on developing and training summer analysts to ensure a successful internship experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Model Development: Participate in developing and enhancing tools and methodologies to quantify risks for business as usual and stress testing purposes.
· Risk Monitoring: Assist in day-to-day risk management of our market, credit, operational or liquidity risk exposures by providing independent analysis of business activities and establishing processes to monitor these risks.
· Model Risk Management: Learn about the Firm’s governance framework for models used in all divisions and assist in reviewing and validating various types of models.
· Reporting: Develop innovative reporting on risk exposures and metrics to support leadership decisions.
· Risk Projects: Contribute to key projects to establish and maintain strong risk processes and infrastructure, using project management best practices.
· Regulatory Programs: Work with teams within Risk and across the Firm to drive key regulatory initiatives including rule implementation, regulatory exam and relationship management, remediation, and governance.
The projects are presented to senior management, alongside getting a firsthand experience of working on a project from inception to delivery.
What We Look For
· Strong interest in risk management.
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
· Intellectually curious and enjoy learning.
· Demonstrate leadership, inter-personal skills, and are a team player.
· Attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to understand and evaluate complex information quickly.
· Ability to manage dynamic priorities.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
This Program is closed to applications.