2022 Risk Management Co-op Internship Program (Frankfurt)
Placement And Duration
The part-time Internship (up to 20hr a week) is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Firm Risk Management Division by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst for a short period. The internship typically lasts six to twelve months, but can vary in length depending on business needs and candidate availability.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base, liquidity and franchise.
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects. This role crosses over multiple areas of Risk giving you exposure to teams not limited to Credit Risk, Market Risk, Analytics and Operational Risk.
Work closely with the Risk team to help to:
- finalise departmental presentations to senior management by proof reading and formatting
- compile some risk data into spreadsheets
- enhancing existing tools
- maintain data spreadsheets
- reviewing and taking meeting minutes
- ensure completeness and accuracy of data in the tools and systems by performing reconciliations with the source
- You have outstanding analytical skills
- You have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- You have a solid academic background and fluency in English. Knowledge of German is beneficial but not essential
- You are a strong team player; have an ability to collaborate with colleagues across the Risk department and the broader organization
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- You are driven, highly motivated and results-focused
- You have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- You are detail oriented and have the ability to work efficiently within tight time constraints