2022 Risk Management Off-Cycle Internship - Quantitative (Frankfurt)
Placement and Duration
This Internship is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Firm Risk Management Division by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst for a short period. The internship typically lasts six to twelve months but can vary in length depending on business needs and candidate availability. It can be done on a full-time or on a part-time (up to 20hr a week) basis.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base, liquidity and franchise.
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects. This role crosses over multiple areas of Risk giving you exposure to teams not limited to Risk Analytics, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Stress Testing and Model Risk Management.
Work closely with the Risk team to help to:
- develop and enhance risk management tools or advanced market risk and credit risk capital models
- perform model performance monitoring and model validation
- perform quantitative analysis on quarter-on-quarter changes of model outputs
- prepare departmental presentations, including e.g. presentations to Committees or regulators
- review and take meeting minutes
- compile risk data into spreadsheets and ensure completeness and accuracy of data in the tools and systems by performing reconciliations with the source
- You have outstanding analytical skills
- You have a solid academic background in Finance or a quantitative field and fluency in English. Knowledge of German is beneficial but not essential
- You have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are a strong team player; have an ability to collaborate with colleagues across the Risk department and the broader organization
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- You are driven, highly motivated and results-focused
- You have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- You are detail oriented and have the ability to work efficiently within tight time constraints
- You have sound coding skills in at least one of the following languages: Python (preferred), R, Matlab, VBA (preferred)