2023 Fund Services - Investor Services Summer Associate Program (Bangalore)
About Morgan Stanley
Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has consistently delivered first-class business in a first-class way. Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries. Everything we do at Morgan Stanley is guided by our five core values: Do the Right Thing, Put Clients First, Lead with Exceptional Ideas, Commit to Diversity and Inclusion, and Give Back.
What We Offer
Morgan Stanley offers a dynamic and multifaceted environment which requires individuals to work closely with colleagues across various functions and the Business Unit in onshore regions. You will get to work with extremely talented peers in a meritocratic team-oriented culture.
About Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) Team
MSFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley (the “Firm”)
MSFS is a leading global hedge fund administrator. MSFS was established in 2005, with headquarters in New York. Through its regional offices, subsidiaries and affiliates, MSFS provides its products and services to a large and diversified group of clients, including hedge funds and asset management firms. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley with offices across six global locations. In terms of headcount India is 50% of global MSFS head count.
MSFS provides administrator services to 170 advisors with approximately 618 funds and the total assets under management is approximately $300 billion.
About Investor Services
Investor services is responsible for providing day-to-day investor services to both the Fund Manager and investors in the fund. Distribution of Offering Memorandum to potential investors.
Monitor the receipt and review of completed subscription documentation. This includes:
- Completion of initial (Anti-Money Laundering) AML review.
- Initial review of subscription documentation for completeness.
- Email communication to investors seeking additional information where required and responding to investors in response to routine queries.
Open new investor accounts ensuring compliance and process investor transactions in line with fund documentation, anti-money laundering requirements, statutory regulations and company policies and procedures. Handle routine email, fax and follow up queries from investors and fund managers in a professional and prompt manner, escalating where appropriate.
Investor Services Internship Program
The program has been designed to develop highly motivated professionals by providing a stimulating and supportive environment to understand the business and achieve the maximum potential. On joining, you will go through a training program that covers business process and systems training.
Summer Associates spend eight – ten weeks working on live projects, understanding the business workings and how Investor Services supports Morgan Stanley and its businesses.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand the Businesses supported by Investor Services including strategy, products and inherent risks.
- Projects involving process enhancements and standardizations reinforce values through teamwork and provide smooth transition.
- Understand Offering Memorandum and the terms and conditions of the fund.
- Partnering with various other functions like accounting, AML and documentation.
The projects are presented to senior management, alongside getting a firsthand experience of working on a project from inception to delivery.
What We Look For
- Basic understanding and an interest for financial products coupled with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Interest in the global financial markets.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in MS office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to initiate and be proactive.