2023 Fund Services - Accounting Summer Associate Program (Mumbai)
About Morgan Stanley
Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has consistently delivered first-class business in a first-class way. Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries. Everything we do at Morgan Stanley is guided by our five core values: Do the Right Thing, Put Clients First, Lead with Exceptional Ideas, Commit to Diversity and Inclusion, and Give Back.
What We Offer
Morgan Stanley offers a dynamic and multifaceted environment which requires individuals to work closely with colleagues across various functions and the Business Unit in onshore regions. You will get to work with extremely talented peers in a meritocratic team-oriented culture.
About Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) Team
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley with over 1000 professionals across six global locations - New York, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hong Kong.
Established in 2005 and headquartered in New York, MSFS provides its products and services to a large and diversified group of clients, including hedge funds and asset management firms through its regional offices, subsidiaries and affiliates. In terms of headcount, 60% of global MSFS head count consists of India employees.
MSFS Internship Program
The program has been designed to develop highly motivated professionals by providing a stimulating and supportive environment to understand the business and achieve the maximum potential. On joining, you will go through a training program that covers Morgan Stanley Fund Services as a business, global financial products, applications, and systems training.
Summer Analysts spend eight - ten weeks working on client deliverables, understanding the business model and how MSFS supports its clients as an independent fund administrator.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand the hedge fund administration business.
- Understand the global financial products like Equities, Swaps, Bonds, Derivatives, Credit Default Swap (CDS), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Forex (FX), Over the Counter (OTC) etc. and learn accounting processes for the same.
- Price verification of financial products in client portfolio.
- Daily and month-end reconciliations of client portfolio.
- P&L analysis of client portfolio.
- Ensure adherence of internal checks with regards to policies, and procedures and offering documents of hedge funds.
What We Look For
- Basic understanding and an interest for financial products coupled with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Interest in accounting and its related concepts.
- Experience in MS Office preferably Excel.
- Outstanding academic record with success in extracurricular activities, along with strong communication skills and the ability to work and interact with others.