2022 Sales & Trading Off-cycle Internship - Generalist Sales (Zurich)
PLACEMENT AND DURATION
The Sales & Trading Off-Cycle Internship Program is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Sales & Trading Division by taking on some of the roles and responsibilities of a Full-time Analyst for 6 months. You will be assigned to Morgan Stanley Fixed Income Sales Team, where you will undertake work which directly supports delivering exceptional ideas to our clients on the Fixed Income front. There will also be opportunities to undertake additional projects to broaden your understanding of global markets, as well as improve the productivity and efficiency of the desk. This Off-Cycle internship is available in our Morgan Stanley Zurich office.
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects. You will gain an understanding of the Fixed Income Market, of thematic trends, valuation methods and of how Sales select ideas depending on their client needs.
Analysts are hired onto specific desks where they remain for the duration of their program. Responsibilities and Opportunities include:
- Work with Sales people who manage client relationships by communicating value-added ideas to their clients based on their own opinions and the Firm's research.
- Work on trades ideas; write investment cases by looking at competitive advantages, sector specificities, valuations.
- Work with related teams: Sales Trading, Research and Cross-Asset Teams to gather colour for clients on specific trends and day-to-day flow.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data.
- You are curious and eager to exchange with people.
- You are a proven team player and can manage a wide range of responsibilities.
- You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards.
- You articulate complex ideas simply and summarise them effectively.
- You have an excellent academic background and fluency in ideally German and French.
This Program is closed to applications.