2024 Investment Management Summer Analyst Programme - Fixed Income (London)
PLACEMENT AND DURATION
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has about $1.4 trillion in assets under management or supervision. With 1,343 investment professionals worldwide, and 54 offices in 25 countries, Morgan Stanley Investment Management is able to provide in-depth local knowledge and expertise while channelling the strength of our global presence and resources. To support the delivery of tailored, value-added investment solutions to clients our investment teams are organized by capability: Solutions & Multi-Asset, Real Assets, Active Fundamental Equity, Private Credit & Equity, Global Fixed Income, and Global Liquidity. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
The Global Fixed Income team within MSIM has team members located in New York, London, Tokyo and Singapore managing Fixed Income portfolios for a broad range of clients. The London-based group of the Fixed Income team works closely with their Global colleagues to manage the risk for European-based portfolios, generates ideas for Global portfolios, and works with the other functions within MSIM to provide high quality, professional support both to internal and external clients. There is an opportunity for an ambitious individual to join the Fixed Income team to support all areas of the business.
The Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Program in London runs for 10-weeks from June to August 2024 and offers you the opportunity to join a world class equity boutique including firm training and networking as well as on the desk training.
London-based training begins in June with one week of intensive classroom training, including an introduction to Morgan Stanley, followed by specific business specific training. Throughout the internship, you will be exposed to business speakers and practical sessions as you continue to become familiar with the asset management industry.
The role is designed to provide broad-based support to the team’s investors, credit analysts and client-facing staff, in particular the Sustainable Investing team and the Portfolio Specialist team. This involves a range of analytical, client-service, marketing and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)-related tasks. The role includes dealing with client reporting, creating materials, assisting with the completion of requests for proposals (RFPs), and answering general client requests. The role will provide cross-support in developing ESG strategies, products and methodologies, as well as in performing ESG research and data analytics, with the aim to enhance the MSIM sustainability branding campaign and sales/marketing strategy across the Fixed Income business. The role will also require identifying opportunities for further engagement with external clients, organizations and industry best practices, and collaboration in relation to the Firm’s sustainability profile and internal policy initiatives at the Firm and Divisional level.
The successful candidate will have the scope to add value to a growing team, and the opportunity to grow his/her investment and sustainable finance knowledge significantly by sitting at the heart of an experienced and diverse global investment team. They will also have the opportunity to partner with the MSIM Global Sustainability team and with the Firm’s Global Sustainable Finance team.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
- You are pursuing an undergraduate or Master’s degree, minimum 2.1 with an expected graduation date between December 2024 and July 2025
- A strong foundation in business, finance and/or related fields, evidenced by a relevant degree, appropriate industry qualification and/or relevant work experience
- Strong interest and / or experience in sustainability
- A track record of cross-functional collaboration and consensus building, with superior ability to demonstrate leadership skills and collaborate across teams
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. An ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages would be an advantage
- An attention to detail, and a focus on producing high-quality output
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to present the conclusions of your analysis in a clear and well-structured manner
- A high degree of self-motivation, intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit
- An ability to work and think independently, and to operate successfully within a team-based approach
- Knowledge and confident use of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
This Program is closed to applications.