2024 Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Programme IED (London)
Placement and duration
The 10-week Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Program is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley Sales & Trading by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a full-time Analyst for the summer period. Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to undertake rotations across Institutional Equities and Fixed Income, where they will experience a range of roles across the divisions, including Sales, Trading, and Structuring. Throughout the summer, Analysts will receive regular evaluation and feedback to support them with identifying where their skill sets are best placed.
The Program begins in June with one week of intensive classroom training. This will include an introduction to Morgan Stanley followed by division-specific training. In addition to rotations, Summer Analysts will receive broader exposure across all of Sales & Trading through weekly mini rotations, individual and group project assignments, senior management speaker series and networking events. All Summer Analysts will be assigned a dean and a buddy by way of support.
- Actively participate in projects and work tasks assigned by each desk rotation
- Shadow experienced Morgan Stanley employees to gain a broader understanding of the different functions
- Gather market data to analyse trends and participate in stock pitches and trading simulations
- Drafting presentations and pitches for a wider audience within the Firm and the financial services industry.
- Attend team discussions and client meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- You are fluent in English; ability to communicate effectively in another language is an advantage
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data
- You are results-driven, perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
- You are a proven team player with the ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities
- You articulate complex ideas simply and summarise them effectively
- You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards
- You have an excellent academic background, on track to/having achieved a 2:1 (or equivalent) degree, and fluency in English
- You are a penultimate or final year (including Masters) student with outstanding academic achievements, and on track to achieve a minimum of 2.1 honours degree or equivalent in any degree discipline and with a strong interest in the financial markets.
- Study in a financial discipline is not essential, although you should have a strong aptitude for numbers
The deadline for application for this position is Sunday 12th November 2023. Please note, we recruit on a rolling basis so application is encouraged as soon as possible.
It is essential to provide accurate details in the application forms, including an up-to-date CV and cover letter as we cannot guarantee you will be able to edit this after submitting your application. In the case that you are permitted to edit your application, it will cause significant delays to your candidacy.
This Program is closed to applications.