2024 Technology Summer Analyst Program (London)
The Technology Summer Analyst Program runs for 10 weeks. Placements typically start in June and Interns are placed into specific Application Development, Enterprise Engineering or Business & Data Analytics teams. These programs are designed to offer a real-world, project-based experience that will demonstrate first-hand what it is like to be a technologist for a top financial firm. Interns who excel in the Program may receive an offer to join the Full-time Technology Training Program.
Interns will participate in an induction process that provides an overview of the Firm and the Technology division. In addition to working on a live project, highlights include senior management networking events, team-building opportunities and a technical speaker series.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Morgan Stanley intern, you will
• Use programming languages and algorithms to solve real world business problems
• Cultivate your technology skills and learn new ones to meet the requirements of a given project
• Work in a client-oriented environment and focus on delivering high quality software which provides clients with information necessary to tackle business-related issues
• Be part of collaborative and supportive team. You will be expected to attend team discussions, for which you may draft or deliver presentations
• Work in an agile and client-focused team
• Attend client meetings, where you might be responsible for presenting project updates
• Develop and deepen your financial knowledge, e.g., learn what equity, fixed income, and other security types are,
These are the Morgan Stanley teams you may join:
Application Development Teams: Our application development teams design, develop, and maintain applications used by our business units. Daily activities include meeting with clients to gather and analyse requirements. They make system design decisions, evaluating, integrating, and developing necessary software, and then test and deploy applications to production. Developing high-performing, low-latency electronic trading systems, and evolving complex workflows and life-cycle management capabilities are just some of the projects available for developers.
Enterprise Engineering Teams: Our engineering teams build cutting edge platforms to run every aspect our business. This includes the Firm's networks, cyber security infrastructure, cloud integration, computing hardware, databases and much more. Projects available include developing pioneering data security solutions, managing global Windows and Linux infrastructure deployments, driving cloud adoption, and working with state-of-the-art technology solutions. Our engineers work closely with internal business partners and external vendors at the leading edge of the industry.
Business Analyst Teams: Our business analysts play a key role engaging with our business units to analyse, capture, and validate requirements with technology teams to solve business challenges in an agile fashion. Business analysts provide technical, data analytics, data science, and process excellence skills to support up-front product and data analysis as well as end-to-end solution development.
Qualifications and Skills
• Penultimate-year Bachelor's or Master's student from a Computer Science or other STEM degree background.
• You should have a strong understanding of Operating Systems, familiar with foundations in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Java or C++).
• Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for Technology.
This Program is closed to applications.