2024 Finance Industrial Placement Programme (London)
Placement and duration
The Finance Industrial Placement Programme is for penultimate year students with a year in industry as a compulsory or optional element of their degree programme. The Programme will begin in June 2024 and is for 13 months. You will be placed into one team within the Finance division throughout your placement.
The Finance Division reports to Morgan Stanley’s Chief Financial Officer. It is the guardian of the firm’s books and records, and serves as an advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and senior management team. In addition, the Division is a major contributor to reducing and managing risk across the firm.
As the firm’s financial watchdog, Finance crunches the numbers. But it does more than just keep an eye on the books. Team members meet regularly and build relationships with the firm’s industry and government regulators, provide information to the outside business community, and give the firm’s management and divisions the planning assistance and reliable financial information they can use to advance the firm’s goals.
The Programme begins with a Firmwide induction day with peers from other divisions. This is followed by two days of classroom-based training covering overviews of connecting divisions, product and industry knowledge, personal effectiveness and technical training, as well as a team-building and networking activities. Industrial Placement students also receive on-the-job training, a series of Firmwide Senior Speaker events, mentoring and events with other interns.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Industrial Placement Programme participant, your responsibilities may include:
- Calculating the daily profit and loss (P&L) tallies of traders
- Writing market commentaries for management reports
- Conducting re-engineering projects to review and enhance processes
- Using analytical tools to determine current and potential exposure to risk
- Preparing monthly financial and management reports
Qualifications and Skills
- You are a penultimate year undergraduate student with a year in industry as a compulsory or optional element of your degree and are on track for at least a 2.1 honours or equivalent
- You have a desire to work in Finance, particularly within the financial services industry
- You have written and verbal communication skills in English
- You enjoy quantitative tasks and analysis with close attention to detail
- You have the ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- You like working within team projects and are client service orientated
Application Process and Deadline
In order to be considered, candidates must apply by Sunday 26th November 2023 at 23:55 BST
Please note, we recruit on a rolling basis so completing your application as soon as possible is encouraged
To be successful to join the programme you will:
- Submit an online application with cover letter by the above deadline
- Complete the full recruitment process which includes online testing, 1st stage telephone interview and an assessment centre which will take place in person in our London offices
This Program is closed to applications.