2023 Risk Management Full-Time Analyst (Singapore)
Credit Risk – Full Time Graduate Program
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 40 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions, and individuals.
The Risk Management Analyst program includes a Firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley's businesses and tailored training. Your training will continue throughout the summer with a blended approach of structured learning and on-the-job training.
Within Morgan Stanley, Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions, especially loans and derivatives, from all BUs within the Firm and approves, rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
The Asia (incl. Japan) Credit Risk Department is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with a keen interest to pursue a career in risk management, to join us as a Full-Time Analyst in the summer of 2023.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform necessary credit due diligence and analysis on borrowers and trading counterparties
- Review and recommend for approval credit risk-related transactions
- Conduct industry research and develop sovereign and macro risk views to aid credit decisions
- Conduct client calls, perform independent research and establish credit rating of counterparties
- Prepare loan and annual review memos for active/potential counterparties with credit limits
- Review loan / derivative documentation with counterparties to ensure strong credit term protection
- Monitor portfolio quality on an ongoing basis and recommend rating actions / asset classifications
Qualifications / Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Economics, graduating by July 2023
- Strong research skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build network with regional colleagues and business stakeholders
- Ability to work independently on multiple ongoing projects
- Curiosity to learn in a fast-paced environment and willingness to excel and go beyond expectation
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply early.
This Program is closed to applications.