2023 Fixed Income Division - BURM NMR & COO Full Time Associate Program (Mumbai)
About Morgan Stanley
Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has consistently delivered first-class business in a first-class way. Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries. Everything we do at Morgan Stanley is guided by our five core values: Do the Right Thing, Put Clients First, Lead with Exceptional Ideas, Commit to Diversity and Inclusion, and Give Back.
What We Offer
Morgan Stanley offers a dynamic and multifaceted environment which requires individuals to work closely with colleagues across various functions and the Business Unit in onshore regions. You will get to work with extremely talented peers in a meritocratic team-oriented culture.
About Fixed Income Division (FID) Team
The Fixed Income division is comprised of interest rate and currency products, credit products and distribution. Professionals in the division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales and Trading.
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
At Morgan Stanley India, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our dedicated global team, with demonstrated leadership in Front Line Risk Management, monitors and manages risk through a combination of various statistical and analytical tools. Our team works across numerous areas, including Surveillance, Risk Controls, Operational Risk, Client Risk, Entitlements, Electronic Trading Risk Management and Data and Analytics from our multifarious locations across multiple time zones.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Surveillance: Implementation, execution, and oversight of the FID trading surveillance reports, including both client and principal activity. Daily review of surveillance reports working closely with traders to understand the nature of their trading activity. Escalations of alerts to supervisors and/or Legal and Compliance, as needed. Develop business requirements documents and write procedures related to surveillance. Develop and present metrics to management related to trade surveillance. Leading, contributing to or collaborating on various divisional or firm-wide regulatory responses and/or projects related to strategic processes and surveillance models required for regulatory compliance. General day to day response to risk management situations needing immediate attention and follow-through such as investigating and helping to resolve problems with compliance and regulatory matters, inquiries from regulators and/or audit, and numerous other risk incidents.
· Risk Control Group (RCG): Perform risk reviews of global communications with the ability to decipher potential conduct issues through these communications. Review surveillance reports and manage the mappings and assignments of surveillance and other reports across the division. Perform front line supervision for Global Fixed Income division. Ensure updating of roster, organization charts and supervisory dashboards. Investigate trades which get highlighted for non-pre-clearance or for breach of hold period criteria. Check with traders the reasons for non-sign-off of Risk and P&L. Ability to create executive level presentations of metrics by assessing and analyzing behavioral patterns and themes. Confidence in liaising with trading supervisors to understand desk conduct.
· Client Risk: Prepare background reports for Client Selection Committee. Read through the Corporate Security reports, analyze and identify areas that could be beneficial/harmful for the firm. Perform due diligence on the client and draw out as much detail on the client as possible. Ability to independently engage and liaise with various stakeholders to discuss and draw out client centric information. Ability to create executive level presentations for Client Selection. Confidence in liaising with Sales and Traders to understand client background. Good understanding of policies and materials around client selection.
What We Look For
· MBA (Finance) from reputed institutes; Financial, Economics, Mathematics/Engineering or business-related studies preferred.
· Familiarity of Fixed Income products (Rates, Bonds, Credit, Foreign Exchange, Commodities) will be advantageous.
· Able to work effectively as an individual contributor.
· Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (Excel Pivots/Lookups/Functions, PowerPoint).
· Strong work ethic.
· Willing and eager to learn and work with different teams and divisions of the Firm.
· Strong motivation - a self-starter with a positive outlook and desire to solve problems.
· Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly articulate objectives, requirements, risks and issues to senior management and other stakeholders.
· Ability to identify and escalate issues effectively and appropriately.
· Good organizational skills and high degree of attention to detail.
· Enthusiasm to volunteer or lead planning and organizing events held by the department and the Firm.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
This Program is closed to applications.