2023 Fund Services - CCS Summer Associate Program (Mumbai)
About Morgan Stanley
Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has consistently delivered first-class business in a first-class way. Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries. Everything we do at Morgan Stanley is guided by our five core values: Do the Right Thing, Put Clients First, Lead with Exceptional Ideas, Commit to Diversity and Inclusion, and Give Back.
What We Offer
Morgan Stanley offers a dynamic and multifaceted environment which requires individuals to work closely with colleagues across various functions and the Business Unit in onshore regions. You will get to work with extremely talented peers in a meritocratic team-oriented culture.
About Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) Team
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley with over 1000 professionals across six global locations - New York, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hong Kong.
Established in 2005 and headquartered in New York, MSFS provides its products and services to a large and diversified group of clients, including hedge funds and asset management firms through its regional offices, subsidiaries and affiliates. In terms of headcount, 60% of global MSFS head count consists of India employees.
Product Development: Client Computing Solutions (CCS) Team
The Product Development group focuses on building technical solutions to resolve complex problems in Portfolio Accounting, Investor Allocations, Trade Processing, Risk Mitigation, Client On-boarding, Regulations, Investor Due Diligence, and other important processes in the organization. We consult closely with our external and internal clients, build new applications, and continuously improve the existing proprietary web-based applications.
The Client Computing Solutions (CCS) team develops tools to resolve complex business problems that are overwhelming and error-prone if handled manually by front-line colleagues. Complexity is often found in areas such as investor allocation, regulatory reporting, capital activities and trade transaction management. The team is comprised of colleagues who have had solid technical education and have studied finance and accounting as the chosen field to apply the skills.
When compared to traditional IT department which usually provides general solutions, the CCS team tends to focus on very complex, specific and urgent circumstances, and the solutions tend to be highly customized for the clients concerned, and rapid turnaround is usually a requirement.
Product Development: Client Computing Solutions (CCS) Team Internship Program
Summer Analysts will spend eight to ten weeks on projects assigned, and along the way they will gain a good understanding of the business, and how the CCS team contributes to its operation. The candidates are required to be analytical about business processes, skillful in programming, and knowledgeable in accounting and finance. Analysts who are successful in the internships will be considered for placements after graduation.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Understand the hedge fund administration business.
· Expected to suggest enhancements in the existing processes.
· Understand problem statement and design the solution which must be flexible to incorporate changes and scalable.
· Understand and help in documenting tools built for client processes.
· Collaborate with other teams for knowledge transfer and implementation of solution.
· Comfortable taking on multiple roles such as that of a Business Analyst, Product Manager and a Developer.
What We Look For
· B. Tech/B.E. or an equivalent engineering degree along with an MBA.
· Demonstrated programming skills in any language and willingness to learn Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
· Candidates appearing for Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification would be advantageous.
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with knowledge of financial concepts.
· Ability to understand and evaluate complex situations quickly.
· Proficiency in verbal and written communications skills.
· Attention to detail and the drive to look for ways to improve operational efficiency.
· Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and to take them forward independently.
· Hands-on experience with Excel-VBA.
· Ability to work with a team, to discuss ideas and to collaborate.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
This Program is closed to applications.