2023 Technology Off-cycle Internship (Paris) – Institutional Securities Technology
Morgan Stanley is establishing a new Risk & Data Analytics (“R&D”) Centre in Paris, where it will support our growth strategy for ISG both in EMEA and more broadly. The Centre will deliver cutting-edge, proprietary solutions to address the rapidly changing business needs of our sales and trading franchise while providing a platform to foster innovation for our markets businesses, driven by analytical and technological excellence.
Placement / Duration
The Morgan Stanley Institutional Securities Technology Off-Cycle Internship Program in Paris runs for six months and is aimed at students who are required to complete an internship as part of their studies or have already graduated.
Placements typically start in April and Interns are placed into specific Institutional Securities Technology teams. These programs are designed to offer a real-world, project-based experience that will demonstrate firsthand what it is like to be a technologist for a top financial firm. Interns who excel in the Program may receive an offer to join the 15-week Full-time Technology Training Program commencing in February 2024, training is based in London.
Interns will participate in an induction process that provides an overview of the Firm and the Technology division. In addition to working on a live project, highlights include senior management networking events, team-building opportunities and a technical speaker series.
Our development teams design, develop and maintain applications used by our various business units across the firm. Daily activities include meeting with clients to gather and analyze requirements. They make system design decisions, evaluating, integrating and developing necessary software, and then test and deploy applications to production.
Some examples of the projects you can expect to be involved in:
- Working on our proprietary Risk and Data Analytics platforms. Expect to be dealing with complex datasets, design visual dashboards, or work on improving our risk management capabilities through models and scenarios projects
- Developing high-performing, low-latency electronic trading systems as part of our Fixed Income Electronic Trading capability
Qualification / Skills / Requirements:
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following core languages: Python, Java, C++ or Web Technologies
- Exposure to Cloud technologies
- Exposure to Full Web Stack development
- Exposure with financial concepts such as equities / fixed income / options / futures are desirable but not a must
- Some exposure to performance optimization and concurrent programming
This Program is closed to applications.