2023 Technology Full Time Analyst (Hong Kong)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 40 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions, and individuals.
The mission of the global Technology Division is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which supports the Firm’s strategy, delivered by an innovative, world-class team of professionals.
Starting in August, our global Technology Analyst Program (TAP) consists of a 15-week immersive training curriculum which accelerates talent, enabling them to become productive technologists quickly and poised to build long careers at Morgan Stanley. The program includes an orientation to Technology globally, intensive technical training, introduction to proprietary technologies, and functional training culminating in a four-week group project. A key component of TAP is supporting Analysts to build strong global and regional peer networks. The comprehensive skills acquired during our training programs provide the tools necessary for the Associate role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) team develop and oversee the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. IST’s ‘clients’ include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, Prime Brokerage and Global Capital Markets.
Operations Technology (Ops Tech) team engineer creative solutions that power the movement and custody of capital for Morgan Stanley’s clients. Ops Tech develops and maintains systems in support of Morgan Stanley’s global Operations, including but not limited to Settlements, Position Keeping, Corporate Action processing, Regulatory Reporting, and other post-trade functions.
Cyber Data Risk & Resilience - Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is responsible for infrastructure, monitoring and supporting internal developed application suite to increase IT Operational quality, with a measurable, engineered, and continuous improvement approach. Working collaboratively with the development team in an Agile structure, providing input and advice for global application architecture as well as ensuring the production environment is stable
- Bachelor's degree or Master's candidates expecting to graduate between October 2022 and July 2023
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering or other related technical majors.
- Competency in at least one programming language e.g., C, C++, Java, C#, Python
- Good technical skills, including a strong understanding of Linux /Unix and Windows, as well as experience in object-oriented development, good comprehension of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory, strong database and scripting skills
- You are detail oriented, and a critical thinker who can anticipate issues and solve problems.
- You have excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork, and analytical skills.
- Experience in the financial services sector is not required.
- Fluency in English required
Application Process and Deadline
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply early.
This Program is closed to applications.