Parametric - Research Internship 2023 - Seattle
Parametric is part of Morgan Stanley Investment Management, the asset management division. We partner with advisors, institutions, and consultants to build portfolios focused on what’s important to them and their clients. A leader in custom solutions for more than 30 years, we help investors access efficient market exposures, solve implementation challenges, and design multi-asset portfolios that respond to their evolving needs. We also offer systematic alpha and alternative strategies to complement clients’ core holdings.
Intern roles at Parametric will be part of our hybrid working model – this includes working in the office 2 to 3 days a week and choosing where one works best the remaining days of the week. Eligible applicants must be able to work in assigned office. 100% remote is NOT available.
Office Locations: Seattle
Expected base pay rate set at $27 per hour. Position is not eligible for benefits.
A Research Intern is responsible for providing analysis and quantitative modeling to support Parametric’s investment products and new product development.
– Construct and manipulate large data sets in order to perform quantitative analysis
– Conduct back-testing and data analysis
– Assist with research into current market trends and environment
– Develop and maintain investment algorithms
– Assist other investment professionals in the development and maintenance of models that support investment strategies
– Enhance the team’s research culture by being inquisitive, asking thoughtful questions, challenging assumptions, providing feedback and peer review, and finding consensus through debate
– Current student with expected graduation date in 2024 progressing towards a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree with a concentration in finance, economics, statistics, math, computer science, or a related field
– Proficiency in Excel and understanding of basic data modeling coding language (Python preferred)
– The ability to work with large data sets
– The ability to work on a team and to work autonomously on projects
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Interest in investment and financial markets