2020 Senior Relationship Management Summer Analyst Program (New York)
Placement and Duration
The Senior Relationship Management Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program consisting of one week of classroom training, followed by a placement on the SRM desk. Summer Analysts receive on-the-job training, benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects, and build their skillsets in a dynamic and evolving environment. In addition, the program features a Senior Management Speaker Series, networking events, community service, performance reviews, and a mentorship program.
The "SRM" team is responsible for the overall relationships the Institutional Securities Group has with the top 50 cross divisional clients. The team owns relationships with the “C-Suite” and senior individuals and is responsible for allocating the clients’ wallet. The overall goal of the SRM team is to achieve top tier rank/share across targeted products. We conduct detailed wallet share and balance of payment analysis and develop action plans in partnership with Sales & Trading to target wallet/revenue. Additionally, the team strives to capture new or under-penetrated sources of revenue including strategic mandates. We also partner with Sales & Trading, Investment Banking, Global Capital Markets, Wealth Management and other areas of the Firm to maximize cross-divisional revenue opportunities.
Summer Analysts begin with a one-day orientation where they are introduced to the Firm’s businesses and learn what it’s like to be an employee at Morgan Stanley. Fixed Income Summer Analysts then attend division-specific training where they learn core skills essential for success. The curriculum includes daily market updates, business-specific overviews, and basic product and technical training.
- Creating presentations to identify goals for each client and target where to achieve them.
- Perform financial, strategic, and competitive analysis of multiple data sources and present it in a clear and concise manner.
- Preparing briefing memos for senior management to highlight current revenues and opportunities.
- Work directly with Senior Relationship Managers in day-to-day management of all initiatives in support of Sales and Trading.
- Assist SRMs in prioritizing and staying on top of daily workflow streams and client driven requirements.
- Create and maintain meeting agendas and presentation materials for SRMs use internally and externally.
- You are pursuing an undergraduate degree (junior) or a Master’s degree with a graduation date of December 2020 or Spring 2021.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- You have basic knowledge and a keen interest in finance and markets.
- You can work effectively and collaboratively in a small, close team environment.
- You are an analytical thinker with a thoughtful approach to problem solving and data interpretation.
- You have an advanced knowledge of Excel.
- You have a high level of attention to detail.
- You possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- You are a proactive, organized planner with the ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous work streams.