2020 Investment Management Summer Analyst Program – Real Assets: Real Estate Investing (San Francisco)
Placement and Duration M
organ Stanley Investment Management, together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 645 investment professionals around the world and $471 billion in assets under management or supervision as of September 2018. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing is a leading global real estate investment platform, and has been one of the most active real estate investors in the world for over two decades. Real Estate Investing employs a patient, disciplined investment approach to manage opportunistic and core investment strategies on behalf of its clients. With investments in 38 countries, the team’s dedicated real estate investing professionals have a unique global perspective paired with local presence and significant transaction execution expertise. Real Estate Investing has 17 offices across 13 countries, and leverages the brand and unparalleled global network of Morgan Stanley to source investment intelligence and opportunities. Real Estate Investing is part of Morgan Stanley Real Assets.
The Investment Management Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program consisting of one week of training with all Investment Management Summer Analysts and nine weeks working within a specific group. During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to a Full-Time Analyst.
The training program consists of a curriculum designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills needed in order to be successful in IM. The program is one week long and includes a Firm-wide orientation, business overviews, professional development, technical training and networking events. A speaker series is also a part of training, and runs throughout the 10 week program.
The Real Estate Investing team is looking for Summer Analysts to support the group in several areas, including but not limited to:
- Participating in transactions from the principal or private equity perspective on behalf of proprietary real estate investment funds, including North Haven opportunistic funds and the Prime Property Fund
- Working directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the world’s largest real estate companies Investment underwriting, transaction execution and creation of presentations regarding investment opportunities
- Helping to execute business development initiatives
Qualifications / Skills / Requirements
- Current Junior (class of 2021) in a 4 year bachelor’s degree program with superior academic performance
- Interest in financial services industry and real estate investing
- Prior work in Real Estate field (investing, lending, development, investment banking) is a plus
- Experience with real estate economics and financial modeling Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and interact well with others
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a team player
- Superior level of attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once and meet associated deadlines important to success