2020 Compliance Summer Analyst Program (New York)
Placement and duration
The Compliance Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week direct placement program that begins in June. Summer Analysts may be placed with a compliance advisory team that is aligned with one of our businesses — Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, Investment Management or U.S. banks. Summer Analysts may also be placed on a team covering specific global compliance functions, such as financial crimes, regulatory relations, quantitative data analytics, information controls or global monitoring and testing. Collectively, these teams are integral to the Firm’s global compliance risk management program.
The Summer Analyst Program includes an orientation to the Firm, senior management speaker seminars, and social and networking events to build Summer Analysts' professional networks. The Program also includes mentorship opportunities and community service events.
The Summer Analyst Program includes three days of orientation: one day of Firmwide orientation, one day of business unit-specific training and a final day of compliance-specific training. Summer Analysts also receive considerable training on the job.
Get to Know Our Recent Recruits
Responsibilities vary depending on your role, but may include the following:
• Assisting a business with its launch of new products.
• Conducting due diligence (for example, financial crimes concerns) reviews of clients during the account opening process.
• Conducting monitoring and surveillance of transactions, employee activities and communications.
• Analyzing regulations, rules and various proposals; drafting and coordinating regulatory updates and compliance bulletins.
• Conducting research and assisting with responses to various regulatory inquiries and examinations.
• Reviewing and drafting policies, procedures, compliance manuals and developing/updating related training courses.
• Attending meetings with clients.
• Participating in compliance risk assessments and analysis of the compliance environment and controls for a line of business.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Requirements
• You are graduating between December 2020 and May 2021.
• You have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
• Track record of academic excellence.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize a variety of data to produce well-designed and meaningful summaries and reports.
• Adept at solving problems and developing efficient processes.
• Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.