2020 Corporate Treasury Summer Analyst Program (New York)
PLACEMENT AND DURATION
The Corporate Treasury Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program that runs annually, beginning in June. Through on-the-job training, Summer Analysts are immersed in the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by assuming the role of a Full-Time Treasury Analyst, working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects. Summer Analysts are placed on one of the functional teams within Treasury, where they will be trained by an assigned Manager and supported by a Peer Mentor. During the Program, Summer Analysts will have many opportunities to network with peers, mentors and senior managers through team-building sessions, community service and other organized events. In addition to daily responsibilities on their team, Summer Analysts are assigned a summer-long project, in which they propose a process improvement or a solution to a business challenge. Summer Analysts will present their project to Treasury department management at the end of the Program. Upon completion of the internship, Summer Analysts may be extended an offer of full-time employment at Morgan Stanley, contingent on receipt of their Bachelors’ degree.
Summer Analysts from across all firm-wide divisions attend an orientation where they are introduced to the Firm’s businesses and learn what it is like to be an employee at Morgan Stanley. After the firm-wide orientation, Treasury Summer Analysts attend a Finance Department training day, where they are taught core skills essential for successful completion of the Program, including department-specific overviews and basic technical training.
• Assist in the reporting and analysis of the Firm's funding, liquidity and capital profile.
• Performing stress testing, scenario planning and analysis, and peer benchmarking.
• Optimizing the Firm’s capital base.
• Enhancing the Firm’s multi-billion dollar debt portfolio and hedging currency exposures.
• Working with a trading desk to manage liquidity and long-term funding through the capital markets.
• Analyzing regulatory changes and the impact on the Firm’s business processes.
• Collaborating with various business units and Firm support functions.
• Assisting the team with day-to-day responsibilities, special projects and presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
• You are a rising Junior, currently pursuing a Bachelors’ degree (BSc or BA); all concentrations are accepted, though demonstrated basic knowledge and keen interest in financial services is required.
• You have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and 1-3 years of internship experience, preferably from a securities firm or bank in a finance function.
• Self-motivated with high personal standards for quality of work; commitment to excellence and integrity.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize a variety of data to produce well-designed and meaningful summaries and reports.
• Strong, analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills; ability to analyze and understand business processes that may not be familiar.
• Eager to learn and excited for new challenges; ability to absorb new information and adept at managing high-priority deliverables in a fast-paced, high energy level environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and advanced quantitative skills.
This Program is closed to applications.