2020 Technology Summer Analyst Program (New York)
Placement and duration
Summer Analysts (10–14 weeks) and Co-ops (4 months) are recruited and placed into a specific development, engineering or business analyst team. These programs are designed to offer a real-world, project-based experience of what it’s like to be a technologist for a top financial Firm.
Summer Analysts and Co-ops will participate in an induction day that provides an overview of the Firm, followed by direct placement into their teams. In addition to working on a live project, program highlights include senior management networking events, technical demonstrations, team-building opportunities and participation in the Firm’s community service initiatives.
• Development Teams: Our development teams design, develop and maintain applications used by our business units. Daily activities include meeting with clients to gather and analyze requirements. They make system design decisions, evaluating, integrating and developing necessary software, and then test and deploy applications to production. Developing high-performing, low-latency electronic trading systems, and evolving complex workflows and life-cycle management capabilities are just some of the projects available for developers.
• Enterprise Engineering Teams: Our platform-facing teams develop cutting-edge systems to run our business. Our engineers provide tools, applications and platforms such as the Firm’s networks, computing hardware, operating systems and databases for the Firm’s trading applications, mobile applications and other end-user applications. Engineering the Firm’s websites, managing the Windows plant and developing a client reporting delivery system are some of the projects available for enterprise engineers in our organizations.
• Business and Data Analytics Teams: Our business analysts play a key role engaging with our business units to analyze, capture, and validate requirements with technology teams in order to solve business challenges in an agile fashion. Business analysts provide technical, data analytics, data science, and process excellence skills to support up-front product and data analysis as well as end-to-end solution development.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Requirements
• You have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
• You possess excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork and analytical skills.
• Experience in the financial services sector is not required.
• Development/Enterprise Engineering: You must be studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering or other related technical majors. Superior technical skills, including a strong understanding of Linux /Unix and Windows, competency in at least one programming language (e.g., C, C++, Java or C#), as well as experience in object-oriented development, good comprehension of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory, strong database and scripting skills.
• Business and Data Analytics: You must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or other related major with a keen interest in the financial services industry, along with documenting IT solution requirements (business, functional and/or technical), and strong technical knowledge.