2020 Institutional Equity Derivatives Trading & Structuring Summer Analyst Program (New York)
Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a world leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. The Division services a global Institutional client base, providing clients with innovative product solutions that help to generate alpha within their portfolios.
Overview & Placement
The Institutional Equity Division’s Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program that begins with one week of classroom training, followed by a minimum of four rotations across the division. Summer Analysts will pursue one of two Program Tracks: Institutional Equity or Institutional Equity – Derivatives Trading and Structuring. While we encourage candidates to apply to the one track that best suits their interests and skillset, applications can be submitted for both tracks. Please note that this will count towards the three program application maximum.
All Summer Analysts will receive on-the-job training and be exposed to a wide variety of roles, products and services throughout IED, working alongside experienced professionals in a fast-paced, client-facing, and market-driven environment. Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to broaden and strengthen their respective skillsets, collaborating with individuals across IED on meaningful projects and initiatives. In addition, the Program features a Senior Management Speaker Series, desk teach-ins, cross-divisional networking events, community service events, performance reviews, and a robust mentorship program.
The program begins with a one-day orientation where Summer Analysts are introduced to the Firm and primary businesses within, as well as to one another at our opening Firmwide networking event. For the remainder of training, Summer Analysts will attend divisional-specific events designed to help develop the core skills required for a successful summer.
Track 2: Institutional Equity – Derivatives Trading and Structuring
Certain roles within the Institutional Equity Division require a more technical skillset. Derivatives Trading and Structuring is responsible for the generation and facilitation of liquidity, as well as innovative product and trading solutions across a variety of Derivative products, including Equity Options (both exchange- listed and over-the-counter), Securitized Derivatives, and Convertible Bonds.
Products and services are delivered across a full range of distribution channels, including our corporate, retail, and institutional clients.
Qualifications / Skills / Requirements:
• Pursuing an undergraduate or Master’s degree with a technical proficiency in areas such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, and Engineering, with a graduation date of December 2020 or Spring 2021
• Comfortable applying statistical analysis and deriving value from data
• Enjoy solving complex problems that require deep analytical reasoning and quantitative analysis
• Familiar with coding languages such as Python, Q, R, SQL, or VBA
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Candidate is collaborative, a quick learner, adaptable, versatile, a multi-tasker and possesses a strong work ethic
• While no prior knowledge of finance or trading is required, candidate must have a keen interest in finance and markets
This Program is closed to applications.