2020 Investment Management Full Time Analyst - Fixed Income (New York)
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM)'s Fixed Income Group strategies cover a range of sectors, geographies, durations and credit qualities, running the risk/return gamut to meet the current needs of institutional investors. Our Group invests in Corporate Bonds/Loans (both investment grade and high-yield), Structured Products (residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities), Government Bonds (US and international sovereign bonds) and Emerging Market Bonds (local and hard currency sovereign and corporate bonds.) The team manages a broad range of Global, Euro, Emerging Market and US based strategies, with almost $85 billion in assets under management and supervision at June 30, 2019. Over 70 investment professionals are located throughout the world in major fixed income markets providing not only local expertise but also a macroeconomic view of the markets.
Provide support for the portfolio specialist group broadly. This may include but could not be limited to:
- Work alongside fixed income portfolio managers and traders to understand the investment outlook and investment rationale behind portfolio positioning; communicate investment outlook and rationales to existing and potential clients verbally and in writing.
- Proactively engage with Sales, Consultant Relations, and Marketing to help raise assets
- Lead efforts in servicing existing clients, requests for new client opportunities, and acting as liaison with internal departments for client support and management.
- Produce high quality written communication material for use by internal and external constituents.
- Participate in the production of presentation and marketing material for use in client reviews and pitches.
- Develop and maintain credible, compelling and timely product communications such as RFPs.
- Assist Client Service professionals and Consultant Relations team with fixed income representation at existing and prospective client meetings.
- Identify ways to improve the business and/or processes and lead the enhancements
- Current Senior (class of 2020) in a 4 year bachelor’s degree program with superior academic performance
- Interest in financial services industry and fixed income
- Prior work in Fixed Income preferable
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and interact well with others
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a team player
- High degree of dependability and attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize a multitude of tasks appropriately, while maintaining high quality
- Familiarity with tools such as Bloomberg, PowerPoint, Excel preferred
Application Process: Students must apply online at www.morganstanley.com/careers. If Morgan Stanley recruits on your campus, you may also be required to apply through your school’s on-campus system.
Contacts: For questions, contact MSCampusRecruiting@morganstanley.com.