2023 Sales & Trading Off-cycle Internship (Zurich)
PLACEMENT AND DURATION
The Sales & Trading Off-Cycle Internship Program is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Sales & Trading Division by taking on some of the roles and responsibilities of a Full-time Analyst. The program length varies between three, six or twelve months, depending on business needs and candidate availability. You will be assigned to a specific desk, where you will undertake work which directly supports delivering exceptional ideas to our clients. There will also be opportunities to undertake additional projects to broaden your understanding of global markets, as well as improve the productivity and efficiency of the desk. This Off-Cycle internship is available in our Morgan Stanley Zurich office.
We are recruiting for the desks below;
- Euro Core Sales
- Generalist Sales
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects. You will gain an understanding of the Market, of thematic trends, valuation methods and of how Sales select ideas depending on their client needs.
Analysts are hired onto specific desks where they remain for the duration of their program. You will get exposure to a wide range of tasks and responsibilities and depending on the desk requirement, duties may include;
- Working with colleagues who manage client relationships by communicating value-added ideas to their clients based on their own opinions and the Firm's research
- Work on trades or stock pitching ideas; write investment cases by looking at competitive advantages, sector specificities and valuations
- Work with related teams: Sales Trading, Research and Cross-Asset Teams to gather colour for clients on specific trends and day-to-day flow
- Write the daily morning mail, Weekly ESG and Thematic Recaps
Take part in Companies’ Roadshow
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data
- You are curious and eager to exchange with people
You are a proven team player and can manage a wide range of responsibilities
- You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards
- You articulate complex ideas simply and summarise them effectively
- You have an excellent academic background and fluency in English, German, French and Swiss
Please only submit a CV and Covering Letter in English only as part of your application.