2024 Summer Internship Program (Taipei)
Placement and Duration
The Taiwan Summer Internship Program starts in June 2024 and is a 10-week program designed to give you an opportunity to work on tangible projects for your chosen business area and to learn more about Morgan Stanley Taiwan.
Business Units participating in this year’s internship are listed below. You will be asked when completing your application to select three Business Units (in order of preference), that you would be most interested interning with and we will do our best to accommodate. You will spend the full 10-week with this group.
- Compliance: identify and provide guidance on compliance risks and the design of an effective compliance risk management program in support of the Firm’s commitment to deliver first-class business in a first-class way
- Finance: protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records in compliance with worldwide financial regulations
- Firm Management: supports senior Morgan Stanley decision-makers in strengthening our leadership in global financial services. The group provides advice on our strategic alternatives by analyzing industry dynamics across lines of business
- Institutional Equity Division: from global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our platform and technology to exchange ideas, provide liquidity, manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets
- Operations: supports clients trading & stock loan activities in Taiwan market. The team manages client on-boarding, clearing & settlement and navigate technology changes to ensure efficient process with effective controls. They partner with business units to develop new businesses and markets around the world. This will be a 6-month program instead of a 10-week program
- Research: through timely, in-depth analysis of companies, industries, markets, and world economies, Morgan Stanley has earned its reputation as a leader in the field of investment research
- Technology: partners with our business units and technology teams across the firm to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets. Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses – and to our own
This structured program is designed to give you in-depth insights into the division you work with and through the completion of discrete projects. The program provides an opportunity for you to advance your analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills needed to develop an exciting and rewarding career. You will participate in a local orientation session and join a series of networking sessions with colleagues and senior leaders from across the Asia region.
Role and Responsibilities
You will work alongside highly qualified professionals in an international environment, gaining first-hand experience in a fast-paced environment; you’ll be given substantive responsibilities that will enable you to deliver real impact. Responsibilities may include:
- Projects – complete discrete projects assigned by your supervisor
- Team Collaboration – work with colleagues across your BU to solve problems and business critical issues
- Research & Analysis – conduct research to understand current trends, reconciling numbers, analyzing data and making recommendations
- Executing on ad-hoc day-to-day tasks as assigned by your Business Unit
Qualifications and Skills
- You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor’s or Master's degree with a graduation date between October 2024 and July 2025. Students from any degree / discipline are welcome to apply
- Track record of academic excellence
- You have a keen interest in your chosen business area
- You have a genuine interest and understanding of the Asian financial markets
- You are analytical, insightful, a quick learner, team player and good at multitasking, with a positive attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Past work or internship experience required
- Fluency in English required
Applications will be closed on January 21, 2024 (11:55 p.m. Taiwan Time)
This Program is closed to applications.