2023 Fund Services - Portfolio Analytics Summer Associate Program (Mumbai)
About Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) Team
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley with over 1000 professionals across six global locations - New York, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hong Kong.
The Portfolio Analytics group of MSFS focuses on providing solutions for risk and performance measurement, portfolio transparency reporting, factor analysis, and other bespoke analytics needs of Morgan Stanley’s global hedge fund clientele.
Portfolio Analytics Internship Program
Summer Analysts are integrated into the Fund Services Analytics group and are expected to take on responsibilities of full-time analysts. Placement will be determined by aligning your skillset and interests with our business needs. We are committed to providing opportunities to develop key competencies necessary for a successful career within Fund Services Portfolio Analytics. Managers are committed to providing meaningful and challenging projects that can be implemented and incorporated into our day-to-day activities. We are focused on developing and training Summer Analysts to ensure a successful internship experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The candidate is expected to perform risk and return attribution for portfolio of the Firm’s hedge fund clients.
- The candidate is expected to prepare custom client reports that involve risk and performance calculation.
- The candidate is expected to help in building automation to scale bespoke solutions for the clients.
- The candidate is expected to suggest enhancements in the existing processes and offerings.
What We Look For
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skillset.
- Able to understand and evaluate complex information quickly.
- Good understanding of equities, fixed income and derivatives products.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and drive them independently.
- Attention to detail and must constantly look for ways to improve operational efficiency.
- Hands-on experience with Excel-VBA, familiarity with R will be an added advantage.
- MBA and BE/BTech degree preferred
- Candidates appearing for Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certifications preferred
The role requires working in shift from 12.00 p.m. – 9.00 p.m.
This Program is closed to applications.