2023 Fund Services - Quants Spring Associate Program (Mumbai)
About Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) Team
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley with over 1000 professionals across six global locations - New York, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hong Kong.
The Portfolio Analytics group of MSFS focuses on providing solutions for risk and performance measurement, portfolio transparency reporting, factor analysis, and other bespoke analytics needs of Morgan Stanley’s global hedge fund clientele.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Metrics Development: Participate in developing and enhancing tools, and methodologies to quantify portfolio performance and risk measures.
- Analytics Monitoring: Assist in day-to-day delivery of analytical content and help monitor and improve the process for generating the content.
- Multi-factor Analysis: Learn about the Multi-factor models and assist in identifying patterns of factor behavior and its impact on portfolio performance.
What We Look For
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving ability with a quantitative aptitude.
- Ability to apply numerical and statistical analyses to draw insights from data.
- Pattern recognition skills, strong memory, and attention to detail.
- Experience of having worked with equities, fixed income or derivatives products.
- Decent coding skills (R/Python/C/C++).
- Familiarity with Data Science techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team, brainstorm, and engage using idea-exchange.
- Degree in one of the following quantitative disciplines: Mathematics/Computing/Financial Engineering/Financial Mathematics/Statistics/BTech.
- Candidates appearing for Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certifications would be advantageous.
This Program is closed to applications.