2022 Internal Audit - Business Audit Summer Analyst Program (New York)
- A 10-week Summer Analyst Program beginning in June
- An intensive hands-on introduction to Internal Audit at Morgan Stanley
- Broad exposure to various functions across Internal Audit, as well as in-depth exposure to a specific coverage area (e.g., compliance, equities)
- A comprehensive development program that includes:
- A two-day Firmwide orientation, focused on basic industry knowledge and professional skills
- Internal Audit-specific training focused on internal audit fundamentals and Morgan Stanley's audit methodology
- Senior management speaker seminars and networking events, including peer mentorship and community service opportunities
- A group project in which Summer Analysts present what they have learned through the program to a broader audience
- Develop a working knowledge of business terminology and basic auditing standards
- Participate in business management and audit team meetings to gain an understanding of the business units under review (e.g., policies and procedures, roles and responsibilities, systems, processes, risks and controls)
- Participate in audit planning and scoping, and assist in documenting audit planning materials and walkthrough narratives or process flows
- Assist in identifying key controls, creating the process, risk and control (PRC) matrix, and uploading documentation to the audit workflow tool
- Create and execute control tests and clearly document test results as part of fieldwork
- Communicate testing exceptions and control deficiencies to senior management within Internal Audit and the business as part of reporting
Responsibilities may vary according to your coverage area.
- Business Audit: You are pursuing a bachelor’s degree (accounting, business management, finance or related degree preferred)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Strong technical and analytical skills, and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Graduate between December 2022 and May 2023, and have less than one year of full-time professional experience
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE
Students must apply online by September 7, 2021 to be considered.