Parametric is part of Morgan Stanley Investment Management, the asset management division. We partner with advisors, institutions, and consultants to build portfolios focused on what’s important to them and their clients. A leader in custom solutions for more than 30 years, we help investors access efficient market exposures, solve implementation challenges, and design multi-asset portfolios that respond to their evolving needs. We also offer systematic alpha and alternative strategies to complement clients’ core holdings.
Intern roles at Parametric will be part of our hybrid working model – this includes working in the office 2 to 3 days a week and choosing where one works best the remaining days of the week. Eligible applicants must be able to work in assigned office. 100% remote is NOT available.
Technology Intern salaries will be at a set hourly wage of $27 per hour (non-negotiable.) Position is not eligible for benefits. Apply by March 31, 2023.
As part of the Development Services team, the DevOps Intern supports the software delivery teams to build, deploy, and monitor custom software applications critical to Parametric’s core business. The individual in this role supports the best use of our tools, supports our current Technology processes, and looks for opportunities for improvement through automation of our CI/CD pipeline. Technical and professional skills are honed in a dynamic work environment, with opportunities to interface with a variety of roles in Technology. A successful candidate will be able to create relationships with other teams and be willing to tackle learning new technology/tools. This position may be a good exploration of career options in Technology.
- Maintain and optimize a CI/CD pipeline for application build, test, package and deploy
- Unblock development/test teams having issues with environments or pipeline tooling
- Work with production system operators to improve automation of infrastructure provisioning and configuration: infrastructure/configuration as code
- Work with production system operators to improve application health monitoring and feedback to development teams
- Current undergrad or graduate student progressing towards a degree with a concentration in Software Development, Information Science, or related field.
- Self-driven and motivated to learn IT and business concepts, workflows, and processes
- Basic knowledge of one or more scripting languages
- Attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with distributed teams and team members
· Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development; knowledge of Agile methodology a plus