2023 Fixed Income Division Strats & Quant Full Time Associate Program (Mumbai)
About Morgan Stanley
Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has consistently delivered first-class business in a first-class way. Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries. Everything we do at Morgan Stanley is guided by our five core values: Do the Right Thing, Put Clients First, Lead with Exceptional Ideas, Commit to Diversity and Inclusion, and Give Back.
What We Offer
Morgan Stanley offers a dynamic and multifaceted environment which requires individuals to work closely with colleagues across various functions and the Business Unit in onshore regions. You will get to work with extremely talented peers in a meritocratic team-oriented culture.
About Fixed Income Division (FID) Team
The Fixed Income division is comprised of interest rate and currency products, credit products and distribution. Professionals in the division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales and Trading.
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
Our dedicated global team, with demonstrated leadership in risk management, monitors and manages risk through a combination of statistical analytical tools and stress tests. We use a combined top-down and bottom-up holistic approach to create the most comprehensive margin policies, taking into account portfolio correlations and shifts as well as incorporating sensitivities to hedges.
Strats and Quants Analyst Program
Do you like coding and working with numbers? If so, this might be for you. We are looking for Strats and Quants Analysts in multiple areas who use their combined tech and numerical skills to support trading and management decisions globally.
· High impact projects with peers in New York, London and Asia, your contributions will be visible.
· Opportunity to gain insight into the fascinating world of banking and finance.
· Dedicated mentoring program and a wide range of technical and soft skill trainings.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Build models to calculate prices and risks for different assets using statistical techniques or Monte Carlo simulations.
· Collect data and run analysis with top notch visualization to help decision making.
· Apply machine learning techniques to implement automated trading bots.
· Design and implement core calculation libraries used by multiple internal applications.
· Build web applications to monitor market movements or to provide detailed performance reports to the management.
What We Look For
· Ongoing studies (BSc , MSc or PhD) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics or similar disciplines.
· Affinity towards mathematics, crunching numbers and visualizing relations between them.
· Eagerness to learn new technologies and the mechanics of the business.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Flexible to work in North America and EMEA time zone.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
This Program is closed to applications.