Morgan Stanley Huaxin Funds - 2023 Strategy Summer Analyst Program (Shenzhen)
Morgan Stanley Huaxin Fund Management Co., Ltd. (MSHF) is a Sino-foreign joint venture fund management company in which Morgan Stanley is the largest shareholder. Headquartered in Shenzhen, with branches in Beijing and Shanghai, MSHF provides an array of professionally managed funds for China investors, including fixed income, actively managed equities, fund of funds and separately-managed accounts, with a goal to meet investors’ needs for asset allocation, risk management and investment returns.
About MSHF Strategy Development Department
MSHF Strategy Development Department spearheads the strategic planning and business development of MSHF, responsible for setting & implementing business-level strategy, driving large & cross-functional initiatives & projects both organically and inorganically which will make significant business impact to the business. The department also acts as the Chief of Staff support to the General Manager of MSHF on all firm management matters and shareholder relationship management ensuring connectivity and alignment with Morgan Stanley Investment Management and Morgan Stanley in China.
Summer Strategy Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of MSHF by taking on responsibilities of a Full Time Analyst for approximately 10 weeks. Summer Strategy Analysts are expected to be placed into several live projects and business management tasks which may include but not limited to competitor analysis, thematic research, policy interpretation, product research & analysis, deal sourcing, presentations for senior managements.
Summer Analysts will attend a firmwide orientation program and participate in division-specific training focused on developing a strong foundation for skills needed in Strategy.
The roles and responsibilities of Summer Strategy Analysts vary but may include:
- Track and analyze the FMC industry news and related policies
- Collect and perform in-depth analysis on competitors in all aspects
- Perform assigned thematic research (e.g., climate changes, China pension markets)
- Study new developments (new business models, product innovations, etc) and provide constructive recommendations to Head of Strategy Development
- Provide support to the team on management presentations/projects on a need basis
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- You are pursuing an undergraduate bachelor’s or master's degree with a graduation date between October 2023 and July 2024
- You have an ability to manage multiple projects, provide complicated analysis skills, and develop appropriate research projects solutions
- Analytical, adaptive, multi-tasker, team player and have a strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Interest in developing a career in China asset management industry in a strategy, research & project management type of working environment
- Fluent in Mandarin and English, both verbal and written
- Skilled in using MS Office (EXCEL and PowerPoint in particular) and databases such as Wind
- In pursuant of CFA Charter holder preferred
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and we encourage you to submit your application as soon as you are ready.
This Program is closed to applications.