Parametric - Investment Operations , Class Hire - Seattle , Feb. 2023
Parametric is part of Morgan Stanley Investment Management, the asset management division. We partner with advisors, institutions, and consultants to build portfolios focused on what’s important to them and their clients. A leader in custom solutions for more than 30 years, we help investors access efficient market exposures, solve implementation challenges, and design multi-asset portfolios that respond to their evolving needs. We also offer systematic alpha and alternative strategies to complement clients’ core holdings.
Now that we have your attention- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY -TO OFFICAILLY APPLY: GO to MS Careers "Experienced" to apply to job 3223325
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis upon hire, without the need for sponsorship. Parametric will not consider applicants for this job who require sponsorship for employment visa now or in the future.
Within our Class Hires Program, Parametric has Associate level roles within our Investment Operations and Client Relations teams. The program targets recent or soon to be college graduates seeking opportunities within the financial services industry. Start of program will be February, 2023. Only those who will be able to work a FT, 40 hour a week role will be considered.
The program consist of a comprehensive three-week training program. During the three weeks, the program builds a relevant foundation of knowledge and skills in the financial services industry—and sets you up for success in entry-level positions at Parametric.
Departments include Portfolio Administration, Corporate Actions, Investment Operations & Trade Settlements, Activity Management, Onboarding, Oversight Management, Billing Solutions and Client Service Solutions.
If you are seeking a collaborative and innovative culture please apply and share in the application any specific department of interest. Parametric values and celebrates inclusion and diversity, women, minorities and all protected classes are encouraged to apply!
Primary Responsibilities with the Investment Operations Team may include:
- Work with internal and external points of contact in a professional manner.
- Resolve issues quickly with a sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Drive actionable insights and recommendations to improve the data management/analysis process.
- Reconciling internal cash, position, and tax lot data to external parties to mitigate risk and allow for portfolio optimization and trading.
- Trade posting processes transmission of trades to counterparties, matching/confirmation/affirmation of trades, and resolution of exceptions.
- Processing voluntary and mandatory market events for both domestic and international market securities each day (i.e. dividends, splits, mergers, rights offerings, tender offers, and other events), ensuring events are elected on, processed and posted to the accounting system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Daily processes around market reference data including pricing / valuation of securities, security maintenance, etc.
- Communicate with internal and external contacts to resolve any issues.
- Record keeping/maintenance of client records and files.
- Custodian data feed and interface management for all live and future accounts.
- Ad-hoc and project work as necessary.
Primary Responsibilities within the Client Relations Team may include:
- Perform verification checks on team’s data entries to ensure accurate processing of information prior to daily trading deadlines
- Ensure all account documentation is received and properly submitted for archiving
- Create and maintain weekly metrics
- Establish new accounts in proprietary systems; coordinating with Investment Management Platforms, Financial Advisors, Custodians, and Broker/Dealers to ensure proper set-up.
- Process bulk change requests from a multitude of teams: finance, sales, billing and management
- Verify and coordinate all account flows and changes with the Activity Management Team to meet daily deadlines and ensure the accounts trade.
- Reconciling client portfolios against custody statements/ downloads.
- Researching and troubleshooting all issues arising from client activities in a timely manner.
- Custodian Data feed and interface management for all live and future accounts.
- Record Keeping/Maintenance of Client records and files.
- Ability to take initiative on a variety of projects and utilize create problem solving to complete them effectively and efficiently.
- Ad-hoc and project work as necessary.
- Graduating seniors earning a Bachelor’s (4yr) degree w/ concentration in Data Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related area of study
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to work FT, 40 hours a week by start date.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage high volumes of data with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Advent software or other accounting software or Bloomberg a plus
- Strong attention to detail & highly process oriented
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Leadership skills are encouraged
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest in starting a career in the investment management industry.
This Program is closed to applications.