2023 Institutional Equities Quantitative Trader Off-cycle Internship (Paris)
PLACEMENT AND DURATION
The 6-months Off-Cycle Quantitative Trader Program is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Sales & Trading division by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full Time Analyst. As a quantitative trader intern, you will be given full insight into what it takes to be part of a trading desk at Morgan Stanley. You will be responsible for producing analytics as well as ad-hoc reports and leading a diverse set of projects to improve our trading activities. You will spend your internship assigned to a specific desk and you will be based in our Paris office.
As a quantitative trader intern, you will be part of a team which will provide you with the opportunity to further your trading career working alongside top industry professionals.
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects. You will develop the analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills that will help you succeed in the role.
We are recruiting for the following desk;
- AMM desk – Automated Market Making is a registered market maker on all major US options exchanges & quotes more than 2000 individual option classes. In EU, AMM is a registered market maker on Eurex/Euronext and quotes more than 180 individual options classes. AMM is also central to the derivatives automation program for the trading division
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
- You are a Master or PHD student in subjects such as Economics, Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Quantitative Finance or Computer Science or alike
- You will have advance knowledge of Python, SQL, Excel, VBA, R or similar languages is valued
- You will have an understanding of theoretical pricing models and knowledge of market products and their risks
- You have a keen interest in the financial markets, economics, complex market dynamics and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- You will have curiosity and willingness to go beyond the basic textbook models to find trade ideas and arbitrage channels
- You will have an interest in data and how to tackle diverse datasets in innovative ways
- You will have an entrepreneurial mindset and possess practical problem-solving skills with a great attention to detail
- You can analyse and interpret complex information quickly and accurately
- You are an excellent communicator and enjoy collaboration and teamwork
- You must be a current student or have student status and are available to start in 2023 for a 6 month internship
This Program is closed to applications.