2023 Internal Audit - Business Audit Summer Analyst Program (Baltimore)
Summer Analysts join us for 10 weeks in June for a comprehensive development program that provides broad exposure to various functions across Internal Audit, as well as in-depth exposure to a specific coverage area (e.g., compliance, equities).
The Summer Program includes, but is not limited to, Internal Audit-specific training focused on internal audit fundamentals and Morgan Stanley's audit methodology, engagement with senior leadership, cross-divisional networking opportunities, peer mentorship, community service opportunities, and a group project in which Summer Analysts present what they have learned through the program to a broader audience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a working knowledge of business terminology and basic auditing standards
- Participate in business management and audit team meetings to gain an understanding of the business units under review (e.g., policies and procedures, roles and responsibilities, systems, processes, risks and controls)
- Participate in audit planning and scoping, and assist in documenting audit planning materials and walkthrough narratives or process flows
- Assist in identifying key controls, creating the process, risk and control (PRC) matrix, and uploading documentation to the audit workflow tool
- Create and execute control tests and clearly document test results as part of fieldwork
- Communicate testing exceptions and control deficiencies to senior management within Internal Audit and the business as part of reporting
Responsibilities may vary according to your coverage area.
Qualifications and Skills
- Business Audit: You are pursuing a bachelor’s degree (accounting, business management, finance or related degree preferred)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Strong technical and analytical skills, and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Graduate between December 2023 and May 2024, and have less than one year of full-time professional experience
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment
Applicant Process and Deadline
- In order to be considered, candidates must apply by September 19, 2022 at 11:55 pm EST.