2023 Marketing Summer Associate Program (New York)
FIRMWIDE MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide, including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values: Leading with exceptional ideas, giving back, doing the right thing, and putting clients first. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career—a place for people to learn, to achieve, to grow.
The marketing function at Morgan Stanley is backed by momentum and a broad imperative seen as core to the firm's future growth. The Marketing function ensures that Morgan Stanley gains the greatest value from its brand, the heart of the firm's franchise. It manages every aspect of our brand worldwide, from corporate advertising campaigns and sponsorships to umbrella marketing messages, research, product naming, graphic standards, and publication systems. Marketing also provides strategic guidance and creative support for business units and internal groups seeking to harness the power of our brand. It helps transform our intellectual capital into client relationships by planning and executing hundreds of events and conferences each year and assessing their business impact.
Marketing Summer Associate Program
Morgan Stanley Marketing communicates the Firm's intellectual, cultural, and professional capital in a way consistent with our values. We do so with alignment to the business and deep insight, delivering with excellence and in a manner that demonstrates the impact to the Business Units we advise. By doing this, we serve as a source of strategic advice and insight, helping the Firm deliver results for shareholders and clients and providing a competitive advantage in acquiring talent.
The Summer Program includes but is not limited to Firmwide and Marketing specific training, including exposure to the functional area and to senior management. Throughout the Summer there are various speaker series, networking and educational events in order to be fully immersed in Marketing and the Firm’s culture with the potential to return to a full-time associate role within Marketing.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct campaign evaluation and metrics reporting.
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects across Client Segment Strategy, Advertising, Branding, Media and Acquisition, Loyalty Programs, Digital Marketing, Marketing Operations, and more.
- Facility with analyzing, interpreting, and deriving insights from data
- Partner with marketing stakeholders to gather, maintain and report on cross-functional data to support team objectives, accomplishments, and marketing analytics.
- Determine required solutions and assisting in implementations.
- Information gathering activities such as surveying, analyzing, and evaluating processes, products and services, by using a variety of internal and/or external data.
- Assist in change management and QA/Testing phases of projects.
- Work on competitive analysis to highlight marketing environment and benchmarking insights
- Manage internal client expectations and priorities, develop deep engagement and relationships with internal clients & external business partners.
Qualifications and Skills
- You are pursuing a Masters of Business Administration degree with a focus in Marketing with a graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
- Team player with high EQ who can easily pivot from creative to analytical projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adept at solving problems and developing efficient processes.
- Ability to analyze data and synthesize meaningful summaries.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Basic knowledge of UI/UX processes and working experience with creative and design teams.
- Marketing platform experience (e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Experience Cloud, etc.), expertise with Adobe Target, Google Analytics, Audience Manager and Adobe Analytics preferred.
Expected base pay rate for the role will be 45.67 per hour at the commencement of employment. However, base pay is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include a discretionary bonus.
This Program is closed to applications.