2023 Compliance Full Time Analyst (Hong Kong)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 40 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions, and individuals.
The Compliance Analyst program includes a Firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley's businesses and tailored training. Your training will continue throughout the summer with a blended approach of structured learning and on-the-job training.
The Legal and Compliance Department is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the compliance advisory team as a Full Time Analyst in the summer of 2023.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities may vary depending on your role, but may include the following:
- Participating in compliance risk assessments and analysis of the compliance environment and controls for a line of business
- Conducting monitoring and surveillance of transactions, employee activities and communications
- Assisting a business with its launch of new products
- Analyzing regulations, rules and various proposals; drafting and coordinating regulatory updates and compliance bulletins
- Reviewing and drafting policies, procedures, compliance manuals and training materials
- Conducting research, and assisting with, coordinating and responding to various regulatory inquiries and examinations
- Conducting due diligence (such as financial crimes or anti-corruption concerns) reviews of clients during the account opening process
- Attending meetings with internal clients
Qualifications/ Skills/ Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Economics, graduating by July 2023
- Track record of academic excellence
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize a variety of data to produce well-designed and meaningful summaries and reports
- Adept at solving problems and developing efficient processes
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Application Process and Deadline
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply early.
This Program is closed to applications.