2023 Institutional Equity Division - Prime Brokerage Summer Associate Program (Mumbai)
About Morgan Stanley
Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has consistently delivered first-class business in a first-class way. Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries. Everything we do at Morgan Stanley is guided by our five core values: Do the Right Thing, Put Clients First, Lead with Exceptional Ideas, Commit to Diversity and Inclusion, and Give Back.
What We Offer
Morgan Stanley offers a dynamic and multifaceted environment which requires individuals to work closely with colleagues across various functions and the Business Unit in onshore regions. You will get to work with extremely talented peers in a meritocratic team-oriented culture.
About Prime Brokerage Team
Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage (PB) is dedicated to client service and cultivates an environment of process control, accuracy and efficiency. The Client Services team has professionals located in offices across the globe – New York, San Francisco, London, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney.
The Prime Brokerage Client Service Mumbai team is a comprehensive partner to the global PB organization offering centralization across the vast spectrum of client service functions for our hedge fund clients. The team also covers select hedge fund clients and other prime brokerage clients as account managers from Mumbai office.
Prime Brokerage Internship Program
The program has been designed to develop highly motivated professionals by providing a stimulating and supportive environment to understand the business and achieve the maximum potential. On joining, you will go through a training program that covers Prime Brokerage as a business, financial products, applications and systems training. During the internship, there will be senior manager presentations and professional skills workshops to provide you with a well-rounded experience.
Summer Analysts spend eight to ten weeks working on live projects, understanding the business and learning about how the Client Service team supports the global business.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Understanding the Prime Brokerage business.
· Analysis of financial products like equities, bonds, options, futures, Repo, Credit Default Swap (CDS), Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS), swaps, Over the Counter (OTC) derivatives and monitoring their cash flows and performance.
· Daily, weekly and monthly reporting to the client as per their requirements and providing details like positions, balance, performance, Income and expense etc.
· Understand various corporate actions conceptually and its implications on client reporting with respect to cost basis and taxability.
· Working as a business analyst involves development/renovation and testing of systems, application tools and reports to create efficiency and scale.
· Projects involving process enhancements and standardizations reinforce values through teamwork and provide smooth transition.
· Partnering with various global teams.
The projects are presented to senior management, giving analysts a firsthand experience of working on a project from inception to delivery.
What We Look For
· University student with an outstanding academic record.
· Genuine interest and understanding of the financial markets coupled with problem solving skills.
· Analytical, insightful, a quick learner, team player and good at multitasking, with a positive attitude.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work efficiently on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentation.
· Ability to react quickly to meet intra-day deadlines.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
This Program is closed to applications.