Morgan Stanley Huaxin Funds - 2023 Risk Management Summer Analyst Program (Shenzhen)
Morgan Stanley Huaxin Fund Management Co., Ltd. (MSHF) is a Sino-foreign joint venture fund management company in which Morgan Stanley is the largest shareholder. Headquartered in Shenzhen, with branches in Beijing and Shanghai, MSHF provides an array of professionally managed funds for China investors, including fixed income, actively managed equities, fund of funds and separately-managed accounts, with a goal to meet investors’ needs for asset allocation, risk management and investment returns.
About MSHF Risk Management Department
MSHF Risk Management Department is a strategic function which leads the enterprise risk management for the company, by implementing a comprehensive risk management framework and employing international, cutting-edge risk management techniques. The department covers a wide range of responsibilities ranging from trading and investment risk control, investment portfolio analysis and operational risk management & oversight. The department ensures the company takes the risk within its risk appetite, and support the business to take the risk efficiently and effectively in order to achieve the company’s strategy.
Summer Research Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of MSHF by taking on responsibilities of a Full Time Analyst for approximately 10 weeks. Summer Risk Management Analysts are exposure to diverse risk management practice – including risk measurement, analytical risk analysis and qualitative risk assessment. The Summer Analysts are expected to gain a comprehensive understanding of risk management discipline and will have the opportunity to learn and interact with different part of the business.
Summer Analysts will attend a firmwide orientation program and participate in division-specific training focused on developing a strong foundation for skills needed in Risk Management.
The roles and responsibilities of Summer Risk Management Analysts vary but may include:
- Perform quantitative risk analysis for mutual funds and SMA products
- Produce regular risk management reporting
- Enhance/develop tools for risk management and risk & performance attribution via programming
- Manage operational risk with incident analysis and reporting, top operational risk reporting and other risk metrics and analytics
- Assist in enhancing the Firm’s risk management IT infrastructure
- Other tasks as assigned by the manager
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- You are pursuing an undergraduate bachelor’s or master's degree with a graduation date between October 2023 and July 2024
- You have an ability to manage multiple projects, provide complicated analysis skills, and develop appropriate risk projects solutions
- Analytical, adaptive, multi-tasker, team player and have a strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Interest in developing a career in Risk Management
- Fluent in Mandarin and English, both verbal and written
- Skilled in using MS Office and databases such as Wind/Bloomberg/CIQ
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and we encourage you to submit your application as soon as you are ready.
This Program is closed to applications.