2021 Risk Management Off-cycle Internship - Quantitative (Budapest)
Risk Management Internship in the Quantitative Area
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
Location: Budapest office Start date: Continuous Contract: 20/30/40 hours-a-week contract (flexible)
Duration of program: 6-12 months
- A supportive and vibrant multinational environment in an inspiring international team
- Continuous development opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in the firmˇ¦s networking events
- Opportunity to receive an offer for internship extension/full-time role upon graduation
- Opportunity to complete the internship remotely
- Support one of the Risk Analytics or Model Risk Management teams in their tasks and daily work
- Develop, maintain and monitor the Firmˇ¦s market risk models such as Value at Risk, Incremental Risk Charge and Comprehensive Risk Measure
- Perform econometric analyses to support methodology development, conduct tests such as sensitivity studies, assess the model behavior and stability and perform back tests to assess the historical performance of the model
- Develop models for portfolio analyses purpose, such as credit limit setting and loss reserve
- Perform independent review of pricing or risk models used by Morgan Stanley
- Ongoing BSc (or above) studies in Mathematics, Physics, Finance or Economics
- Quantitative background, good analytical and numerical skills
- Solid probability knowledge
- Statistical skills especially in hypothesis testing, regression and discriminant analyses is a plus
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
Team Profile: The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as we recruit on an ongoing basis
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents
This Program is closed to applications.