2022 Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program (United States)
Houston, San Francisco, Menlo Park, Los Angeles
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in Investment Banking. We are one of the top firms in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), underwriting of equity transactions, corporate debt issuance, and high-yield debt financing. With professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognized for our performance in traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping clients around the world to make decisions about their business strategy and financial structure.
In the United States, we have opportunities in the following cities: New York, Houston, Los Angeles, Menlo Park & San Francisco. Our Investment Bank is organized by industry and product groups including Business Services, Consumer Retail, Financial Institutions, Financial Sponsors, Global Power & Utilities, Healthcare, Industrials, Latin America, Media & Communications, Mergers & Acquisition, Oil & Gas, Real Estate, Shareholder Activism, Transportation and Technology. When applying, you will be prompted to identify your preferred office location(s) and banking groups.
Summer Analyst Training Program
Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by taking on responsibilities of a Full Time Analyst, working on a variety of corporate transactions and making meaningful contributions to the delivery of projects.
Summer Analysts have the opportunity to be involved in an immersive orientation program and learn about our culture as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of the firm. In addition, Summer Analysts participate in an intensive division-specific training program focused on developing a strong foundation in the basic skills of financial analysis, accounting and valuation, and work on a wide range of transactions.
Summer Analysts receive continued on-the-job training throughout the program and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects during their internship. Summer Analysts have many opportunities to exchange ideas and network with peers, mentors and senior managers through team-building sessions and other organized events.
- The roles and responsibilities of a Summer Analyst vary but may include:
- Analyzing detailed corporate and financial information
- Creating statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance
- Building models to illustrate projected financial results and value to companies
- Developing marketing memoranda and delivering sections of research presentation
- Participating in the execution of financings and M&A transactions
- Acting as the liaison for the team and other parts of the Firm
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree with a graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- Minimum 3.4 GPA
- Possess basic knowledge of and a keen interest in finance
- Analytical, adaptive, multi-tasker, team player and have a strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Applications will formally close July 12, 2021
- We review Investment Banking applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready because interviews can occur prior to the application period closing
- Our goal is to notify you of your status approximately one month after the application period concludes
- New York: Morgan Stanley’s New York Office is organized by industry and product groups including Business Services, Consumer Retail Group, Financial Institutions Group, Financial Sponsors Group, Global Power & Utilities Group, Healthcare, Industrials, Media & Communications, Mergers & Acquisition, Real Estate, Shareholder Activism, Transportation and Technology. Prior to being placed into one group for the duration of the internship, incoming Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to network with each of the groups. The 13 groups across New York offer nimble, innovative services and products tailored to our clients’ needs.
- Latin America – New York: Morgan Stanley’s Latin America Investment Banking Group (LatAm) covers a broad and diverse set of clients that have a variety of interests in Latin American markets. The team includes more than 60 Investment Bankers around the world who bring our clients global capabilities across the full spectrum of capital markets and M&A activities. LatAm bankers are involved in business development, capital markets and M&A execution. As a leading Investment Banking franchise, Morgan Stanley has been the advisor of choice in landmark Latin America transactions.
- Houston: Summer Analysts in the Houston office work on a variety of energy-related projects ranging from transaction execution to business development initiatives. Summer Analysts have the opportunity to work directly with senior-level experts in some of the world’s largest corporations, as well as with smaller, emerging growth clients.
- Los Angeles: Morgan Stanley’s Los Angeles office works with a broad array of individual, corporate and investing clients across industries. With a full suite of services, we draw on the Firm’s powerful infrastructure and intellectual capital to deliver the resources that can best accomplish each client’s unique goals. We offer our clients the personalized attention and services of a boutique, the intelligence and creativity of the brightest professionals in the industry and the global resources of Morgan Stanley.
- Menlo Park: Morgan Stanley’s Menlo Park office is the headquarters to the Global Technology Group. The Menlo Park office provides Corporate Finance, Merger & Acquisition, and Capital Markets expertise; focused exclusively on technology clients. Our team executes transactions in multiple technology sectors including internet, hardware, software, semiconductors and cleantech. The Global Technology Group is one of the Firm’s flagship Investment Banking practices with a worldwide reputation for leading the industry’s highest profile transactions, with offices in New York, London, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
- San Francisco: Morgan Stanley’s San Francisco office works with a broad array of individual, corporate and investing clients across industries. With a full suite of services, we draw on the Firm’s powerful infrastructure and intellectual capital to deliver the resources that can best accomplish each client’s unique goals. We offer our clients the personalized attention and services of a boutique, the intelligence and creativity of the brightest professionals in the industry and the global resources of Morgan Stanley.
- San Francisco – Healthcare: Morgan Stanley’s San Francisco office also has a focus on Healthcare Banking. The San Francisco Healthcare group covers a wide variety of innovative clients in various healthcare and life sciences sub sectors, including biotechnology, medical technology, life sciences tools, diagnostics, specialty pharma and technology enabled healthcare. Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to work with regional and international clients on a variety of complex transactions including acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, shareholder relations, recapitalizations, defenses against unsolicited takeover attempts, strategic advisory assignments and public and private executions.
This Program is closed to applications.