2023 Firm Risk Management Summer Analyst Program - Risk Management (New York)
Summer Analysts join us for 10 weeks in June and are placed into a specific team. These teams are designed to offer a comprehensive hands-on introduction to Financial Services and Risk Management and an in-depth exposure to either Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Wealth Management Risk or Risk COO.
Summer Analysts will be given classroom training that covers product and industry knowledge, soft skills and team building activities. In addition to the formal training, Summer Analysts receive on-the-job training, a peer buddy, senior leader mentorship, networking opportunities and weekly educational forums with Senior Management in the division. This opportunity at Morgan Stanley offers a diverse culture and commitment to providing and supporting an inclusive workplace for all employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Solve puzzles, provide insights and develop creative solutions that impact the department and Firm. This will be achieved through one or more of the following activities:
- Risk Monitoring: Assist in day-to-day risk management of our credit, liquidity, market or wealth management risk exposures by providing independent quantitative analysis of business activities and establishing processes and tools to monitor these risks. Aggregate and analyze data to understand exposures before communicating recommended actions
- Reporting: Develop innovative quantitative and qualitative reports on risk exposures and metrics to support leadership decisions
- Regulatory Programs: Partner with teams within Firm Risk Management and across the Firm to drive key regulatory initiatives including rule implementation, regulatory exam and relationship management, issue remediation and governance enhancements
- Risk Project Management and Governance: Contribute to key projects to establish and maintain strong risk processes and infrastructure and support appropriate risk governance, using project management best practices
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Graduating between December 2023 and May 2024
- Intellectually curious about risk management, financial products, markets and regulation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize a variety of data to produce well-designed and meaningful summaries and reports
- Excellent attention to detail and can exercise sound judgement
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills and can handle multiple responsibilities and projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrate flexibility and collaboration when solving problems
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word; advanced skills a plus
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE
In order to be considered, candidates must apply online at www.morganstanley.com/careers by September 7, 2022 at 11:55PM EDT.
This Program is closed to applications.