2023 Investment Banking Industrial Placement Program (Hong Kong / Singapore / Seoul)
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in Investment Banking. We are one of the top firms in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), underwriting of equity transactions, corporate debt issuance, and high-yield debt financing. With professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognized for our performance in traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping clients around the world to make decisions about their business strategy and financial structure.
Our Industrial Placement Program aimed at undergraduates who are either required by their degree or are able to complete a longer internship period. The six month internship begins in mid-January and is designed to provide a realistic view of Investment Banking by having the interns assume the functions of Full-time Analysts. You are typically assigned to a specific group where you will work on a variety of transactions. Along the way, you will obtain a strong foundation in the basic skills of financial analysis and deal execution. You will be expected to start learning how to market the Firm’s products and services effectively.
This intensive six months program includes an orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses and classroom training on our Investment Banking Division (IBD). Your training will continue throughout the six months internship with structured learning sessions run by senior executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and senior staff through a series of networking, social, charity and mentoring events.
The roles and responsibilities of Industrial Placement Interns vary but may include:
- Analyzing detailed corporate and financial information
- Creating statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance
- Building models to illustrate projected financial results and value to companies
- Developing marketing memoranda and delivering sections of research presentation
- Participating in the execution of financings and M&A transactions
- Acting as the liaison for the team and other parts of the Firm
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor’s or Master's degree with a graduation date between October 2023 and July 2024
- Possess basic knowledge of and a keen interest in finance
- Analytical, adaptive, multi-tasker, team player and have a strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Business fluency in Mandarin is preferred for the program in Hong Kong
- Business fluency in Southeast Asian languages is preferred for the program in Singapore
- Business fluency in Korean is required for the program in Korea
Application Process and Deadline
We review applications on a rolling basis and we hire until our roles are full, so we advise you to apply as soon as you are ready.
Application processes may vary by location but typical follows:
- CV + Online Assessment
- OnDemand Video Interview
- Phone Interview
- Application deadline: 25th September 2022
- Application will be closed at 23:59 HKT
This Program is closed to applications.