2023 Investment Banking Industrial Placement Program (Mumbai)
About Morgan Stanley
Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has consistently delivered first-class business in a first-class way. Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries. Everything we do at Morgan Stanley is guided by our five core values: Do the Right Thing, Put Clients First, Lead with Exceptional Ideas, Commit to Diversity and Inclusion, and Give Back.
What We Offer
Morgan Stanley offers a dynamic and multifaceted environment, which requires individual to work closely with colleagues across various functions and the Business Unit in onshore regions. You will get to work with extremely talented peers in a meritocratic team-oriented culture.
Investment Banking Internship Program
This -month analyst program gives qualified candidates broad exposure to front end, client-facing investment banking role. Analysts may work on a variety of assignments, often simultaneously, ranging from business development presentations to equity and debt offerings, to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. They typically receive a broad-based introduction to financial analysis and exposure to a variety of business scenarios and financial products.
From initial public offerings to mergers and acquisitions, analysts are typically exposed to the different components of the investment banking business. Analysts see first-hand how Investment Banking division functions, while they develop a comprehensive skill set that includes financial modelling, valuation techniques, equity positioning, strategic planning and transaction execution.
Morgan Stanley's deal-team structure affords analysts the opportunity to work closely with senior officers and clients on a variety of projects. The work is challenging, and analysts are encouraged to roll up their sleeves, dig into financial statements and construct innovative solutions.
In addition, analysts get the opportunity to attend client meetings. The depth and breadth of experience analysts gain during their tenure is matched only by the high level of responsibility they are entrusted with so early in their careers. Morgan Stanley Analysts are expected to pursue their assignments with excellence, a collaborative spirit, and the highest ethical standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Analyzing financial and operating information related to corporations and industries
· Creating statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance
· Building models to depict projected financial results and to value companies
· Developing marketing memoranda
· Participating actively in the execution of financing and/or Mergers and Acquisitions transactions
Launching Your Career
Morgan Stanley Analysts cite meeting senior executives of companies, working with smart, driven people, and being constantly challenged on the job as some of the most rewarding aspects of their experience. Analysts gain a broad perspective by working on transactions from origination to execution. It is not uncommon to open the Asia Wall Street Journal and see your transaction making headlines.
Developing Your Career
Although the program traditionally has a fixed term of  months, top performers may be considered for an extension or a permanent placement in the Investment Banking or another division of the Firm.
Is Investment Banking Right for You?
· You are a team player with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
· You have strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly grasp complex data
· You have a keen interest in corporate finance transactions
· You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to form effective working relationships
· You thrive on intellectual challenge and work with confidence
· You are ambitious and motivated to become an industry, product or regional expert
· You are able to manage multiple projects, provide complicated financial analysis and develop appropriate corporate finance solutions
· You pursue your assignments with excellence, a collaborative spirit and the highest ethical standards
We typically conduct at least two rounds of interviews. Candidates can expect to have approximately two to four 30-minute interviews for the final stage of our process, post resume shortlisting.
While we do not require a degree in a specific discipline, an outstanding academic record is essential, as are strong analytical and numerical capabilities. Oral and written fluency in English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
This Program is closed to applications.