Parametric - Investment Strategy Internship 2023 - Minneapolis
Parametric is part of Morgan Stanley Investment Management, the asset management division. We partner with advisors, institutions, and consultants to build portfolios focused on what’s important to them and their clients. A leader in custom solutions for more than 30 years, we help investors access efficient market exposures, solve implementation challenges, and design multi-asset portfolios that respond to their evolving needs. We also offer systematic alpha and alternative strategies to complement clients’ core holdings.
Most roles at Parametric will be part of our hybrid working model – this includes working in the office 2 to 3 days a week and choosing where one works best the remaining days of the week.
Expected base pay rate is set at $27 per hour.
The Investment Strategy Intern will be responsible for providing analysis and quantitative modeling to support Parametric’s existing investment strategies and contribute to new product development.
– Construct and manipulate large data sets to perform quantitative analysis.
– Conduct back-testing and data analysis.
– Assist with research into current market trends and environment.
– Develop and maintain investment algorithms.
– Assist other investment professionals in the development and maintenance of models that support investment strategies.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Students progressing towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a concentration in finance, economics, statistics, math, computer science, or a related field
– Proficiency in Excel and understanding of basic data modeling language (Python with NumPy, SciPy, Pandas packages, C#), or any other statistical tools that allow for quantitative modeling and analysis
– The ability to work with large data sets
– The ability to work on a team and to work autonomously on projects (involving others as needed)
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Interest in investment and financial markets
This Program is closed to applications.