2022 - Fund Services - Industrial Trainee (Bangalore)
Fund Accounting Associate Program
Associate will work very closely with accounting team of Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) in ensuring proper Net Asset Value (NAV) calculation of their hedge fund clients. They will also act on various requests made by the clients to update their portfolios on Morgan Stanley Portfolio Accounting (MSPA).
MSPA is the accounting / reporting system of MSFS. At month end analyst will also work on profit & loss allocation to investors.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide accounting solutions to Hedge Funds for independent valuation, investor
transparency and regulatory compliance.
• Calculation of daily Net Asset Value (NAV).
• Review Morgan Stanley Portfolio Accounting (MSPA) to custodian reconciliations.
Identify and determine cause. Identification of breaks and if break is due to an erroneous
or missing transaction in MSPA then make necessary adjustments.
• Perform Profit & Loss analysis, daily cash projections, calculations of Foreign Exchange
(FX) transfers required for funding, checking client’s contributions and redemptions etc.
• Review general ledger exceptions. Identify cause and make necessary adjustments.
• Verify performance by reviewing large Profit & Loss swings and analyzing
income/expense journals for validity.
• Adjust activity as necessary for performance (Morgan Stanley Portfolio Management -
MSPM) processing and reporting.
• Responsible for accruing daily or monthly non-security related accruals including
management fees and financing accruals.
• Process non-automated transactions including Over the Counter (OTC) derivatives and
their related cash movements.
• Perform daily and monthly securities pricing analysis.
• Validate and process corporate action data.
• Providing audit support and assistance to funds in the preparation on financial
• Assistance with compliance functions.
• During month end process work on allocating Profit & Loss to investors.
What We Look For
• Prior work experience – preferably in financial services. Knowledge of hedge fund
processing is advantageous.
• Good administrative and organizational skills with a particular focus on accuracy and
attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure and an ability to cope with increased workloads at monthend.
• Ability to work as part of a virtual team that is spread across different time zones and
• Ability to use key financial systems and other IT tools.
• Pursuing CA